In this Case Study article we are going to discuss different elements of Backlinks including its definition, importance, types and the ways to build them so, let’s start from backlink itself.
Backlinks- In a single sentence ‘Backlinks’ are described as incoming links to our blog (website) or webpage off their websites or blogs. When someone read your article and in case he liked exactly the same and produced content linked to exactly the same topic on the blog, they links back that content in your webpage, that’s called a backlink. Still confused, let’s take a good example suppose Mr. A writes a post in his blog about Backlinks, When Mr. B experiences that article, founds good and publishes a content associated with Backlinks on his own blog, giving the hyperlink of Mr. a post.
Let’s describe the significance of Backlinks.
* Faster indexing- Faster indexing thought to be the most crucial aspect of Backlinks. As due to them Google along with other major search engines indexes even a newer blog or pages or blog post at a faster rate as when Backlinks from high PR (page rank) site which can be crawled frequently comes to your website, which increases crawling of search engine bots within your site causing faster indexing.
* Search Engine Results- Another important part of Backlinks are they improve your site search engine’s ranking. If you build or acquire more quantity of quality backlinks, definitely your site’s search engine rankings likely to be improved as online search engine judge a website rankings on number of quality backlinks. If you have more number of links, internet search engine show your website on the top pages. That is again extremely important for driving traffic from search result’s as we all know that a lot of the traffic which our blog receives arises from search engine listings.
* Page Rank- Not just search engine results, Backlink also effect Page rank directly, When you build Backlinks from high PR sites, you can definitely see an up rank in your next update and we also know how important is page rank regarding SEO. Higher Page rank let’s you ranked high among the competition who may have lower Page rankings, which enrich your web site with increased traffic than others.
* All of us know that Backlinks are important a part of SEO (search engine optimization). Now next we need to focus on best Backlinks building methods or how to develop Backlinks? If you Google for Backlink building, you can find thousands of automated Backlink building tools which guarantees to supply your blog site with Backlinks up to you desire in a single click. Many of these automated tools are free and some are paid which offers you backlinks from high PR sites. Sites which provides free backlinks from poor sites decreases your rankings, hence decreases your web site performance. Different Paid sites which offer backlinks are detected and penalized by Google after their different updates.
So, through the upper paragraph we arrived at the conclusion that we must always try to get some quality backlinks instead of enormous low quality backlinks and keep ourselves in play safe mode. The question arises that what actually a top quality backlink is?
Quality Backlinks- An excellent backlink is identified as a backlink which comes from a site which has content linked to your web site as opposed to a link which will come coming from a site which can be not related to you. Quality backlink originates from site’s which utilizes your keywords or sites of same theme. Suppose, site A gets a backlink from the site using same keywords or on same theme like blogging, SEO, Earn money online etc, this link is considered quality Backlink instead of it gets a link from an Automobile website. Google gives high importance towards the link which will come from blogging site and provides less relevance towards the link which will come from Automobile site. Google gives high importance to quality links which will come from High PR sites. It considers.gov and.edu since many important I do hope you know what I mean to state.
Now let’s see exactly what are various kinds of backlinks? You can find basically two various kinds of backlinks the first is “dofollow” and another is “nofollow”.
(1) Dofollow Backlinks- Dofollow backlinks are those backlinks which are followed by internet search engine crawlers whenever they crawl your site. Or we can say when internet search engine crawlers enters your page, they crawl your whole blog including links, pictures everything, once they crawl a “dofollow” link they, lands at that page. Suppose I link back to you personally, when crawlers crawl that link they lands at the page, which will help in indexing your web site faster. It gives you traffic as well as help in increasing your Page rank.
(2) Nofollow Backlinks- Nofollow backlinks are the types backlinks containing a “nofollow” tag. When search engine crawlers crawl this, they just ignore it. You can see different website source by right clicking and selecting ‘view source’, then use ctrl f to discover rel=”nofollow”. You will observe many links with this tag, these links are nofollow links. These links also offers you good traffic however, not helpful for Pagerank.
Note: You are encouraged to build dofollow links and tag poor links inside your site with a “nofollow” tag.
Now let’s discuss Best and simplest ways to build quality backinks:-
(1) Social networking- Social media marketing and bookmarking site’s would be the always provides us with quality backlinks. Facebook and twitter are usually proved as good for backlinks building. Just create your fan page there and begin posting links.
(2) Guest posting- Guest posting is always discussed as the best white hat way of building backlinks. Just head to different sites or blogs that offers ‘Guest post’. Write on their behalf which in turn present you with quality backlinks and traffic.
(3) Blog Commenting- Commenting on blogs is the easiest way for obtaining good amount of quality backlinks. Just post comments along with your links (key phrases) in blogs related to your niche. Definitely they offer ohlnvy with good backlinks.
(4) Site submission to blog directories- Submit your blog site to various blog directories like Blogcatalog and Technorati. Furthermore, i received good backlinks from them.
(5) Forum signature linking- Take part in different forums related to your niche. Many forums uses signature linking, just post your URL in signature linking field and it’s done. (Only good quality forums)
(6) Yahoo answers- Yahoo answers is another way getting good backlinks, answers question related to your niche citing your website URL.
(7) RSS directories- Submit your feed to different RSS directories.
(8) Article Creation And Submission- Submit your article to various article site like ezinearticles.
In case you are following these methods, definitely you will build some good quality back links.